Cocoa Brown reacts to Tyler Perry’s $400K donation toward a new home after house fire

Dollita Okine February 26, 2024
Brown's team started a GoFundMe account following the fire, and it has since raised over $70,000 of its $100,000 target. Photo Credit: Facebook, Cocoa Brown

Actress-comedian Cocoa Brown has expressed her gratitude to Tyler Perry after he offered her $400,000 for a brand new home after hers burned down. In an interview with TMZ, she emphasized that she was “filled with profound gratitude over TP’s support and that of everyone else who donated to her campaign.” 

Brown also disclosed that she had become quite distraught after seeing her home catch fire while ensuring her son Phoenix was safe. People noted that Brown’s team started a GoFundMe account following the fire, and it has since raised over $70,000 of its $100,000 target.

The GoFundMe campaign read, “We’re launching a fundraising campaign to assist Cocoa and Phoenix as they embark on this journey to start anew. Every contribution, no matter how big or small, will make a difference in helping them rebuild what was lost.”

“Let’s come together as a community to show Cocoa Brown and Phoenix that they are not alone. Together, we can help them find light in the midst of darkness and pave the way for a brighter future.”

The 51-year-old expressed her “overwhelming gratitude” to everyone who helped them on social media. Renowned Hollywood personalities have contributed to her cause, such as Tiffany Haddish, Marlon Wayans, Byron Allen, and Sherri Shepard.

Fox5 reported that Brown and her son, Phoenix, resided in a house on Mountain Laurel Way in Fayetteville, Georgia. Firefighters were called to the house on the afternoon of February 18, according to the Fayette County Department of Fire & Emergency Services.

Officials said that when firefighters got there, they discovered the attic and second level of the house completely engulfed in flames. The staff was evacuated from the building moments before a portion of the house fell due to the rapidly worsening weather.

A lit candle that dropped onto a pile of clothes could have been the source of the fire. According to reports, Brown attempted to douse the fire with a fire extinguisher but was unable.

Last Edited by:Mildred Europa Taylor Updated: February 26, 2024


Must Read

Connect with us

Join our Mailing List to Receive Updates