BY Francis Akhalbey, 7:11am January 12, 2023,

‘I’m in disbelief’- London mom dies on day of her wedding in Trinidad 

Nadia Joseph-Gosine, 33, died on the day of her wedding -- Photo via MyLondon

The family of an East London mother is in grief after she suddenly passed away on the morning of her wedding in Trinidad. According to MyLondon, 33-year-old Nadia Joseph-Gosine had traveled to the Caribbean nation with her 10-year-old son to tie the knot with her fiancé and partner of five years.

Her partner, identified as 37-year-old Devon Gosine, resides in the Caribbean nation. The couple was set to get married on December 7, but Nadia reportedly died in her sleep in the wee hours of her wedding day. She is said to have died of liver disease. But the deceased woman’s sister and partner did not know she was unwell.

Nadia had also been in the country for some weeks with her son Emari. In an interview with the news outlet, Nadia’s sister, Isha Daley, referred to the deceased mother as “a mini rebel” who was “very lively and feisty.” 

“She was a very entertaining person,” Isha added. “She just wanted to be happy. A little fire cracker. She was very beautiful. Absolutely stunning. And she loved life, loved to travel.”

Devon also referred to his deceased fiancée as “the most loving, caring, and genuine person.” “She would go all out for you and she was the most hard-working,” he said. “She was always happy. Whatever she was going through she was always happy. She was the love of my life. She was always the best part of my life.”

He continued: “I can’t stop being reminded of what happened. Seeing everything and still I’m in disbelief. After all that time we were finally getting married. We were preparing for the rest of our life and all of a sudden it gets taken away. It was the toughest thing.”

Devon said he was with Nadia on the night of their wedding, adding that they stayed up late talking. He also said they had phone conversations with friends who extended their well-wishes to them. And though he said Nadia was having issues getting some sleep, Devon said he thought she was nervous about their wedding, MyLondon reported.

Devon said Nadia eventually fell asleep. But when he woke up in the wee hours of the morning and gave Nadia a kiss on her cheek, Devon said there was no response. He also said that was how he usually woke her up. Devon then figured there was an issue after she noticed Nadia was unresponsive. Paramedics who responded to the scene tried resuscitating her but to no avail.

“It just happened all of a sudden,” Devon said. “At least she didn’t have to suffer.” Nadia’s liver disease was said to be terminal. Isha also said that though she knew her sister initially had kidney and liver problems, she thought she was now healthy. Isha said she was told her sister would have still died within two weeks if she was even given medication.

Isha has since set up a GoFundMe to help raise funds to cremate Nadia’s body in Trinidad and also bring Emari home. 

Last Edited by:Mildred Europa Taylor Updated: January 13, 2023


Must Read

Connect with us

Join our Mailing List to Receive Updates