Thato Kgatlhanye: The 23 year-old South African lady has shown that if given the right chance, the African girl child and woman can make the best out of their potential! This she did by inventing schoolbags from recycled plastic bags integrated with solar technology aimed at aiding students to study in the dark for up to 12 hours.
You may also like
- This 12-year-old invented a homemade device to help practice proper social distancing
- Meet Lesley Ncube; the 26-year-old South African student who launched his own smartphone
- Initially set up for Ghanaian students, this educational TV channel has grown in popularity across West Africa
- Patricia Cowings: the woman helping astronauts combat space sickness
- ‘We’re in shock’ – Dubai Crown Prince pays hospital bills of Nigerian mother stranded with quadruplets
- “Slavery was a necessary evil to build America” – Sen. Tom Cotton
- Five things you should know about record-breaking gymnast Gabby Douglas
- Why did a Zulu king invite a delegation of Europeans to a meeting only to kill 100 of them?
- Stono Rebellion: The largest slave revolt in America led by slaves from Kongo in 1739