William Kamkwamba: Talk of the youngest personality who provided electricity to his rural community in Malawi and Willian Kamkwamba will come instantly to mind! The 29 year-old Malawian is highly revered for building an electricity-producing windmill from spare parts and scrap parts upon dropping out of school due to poverty. William also has to his credit a solar-powered water pump that supplied the first drinking water in his village and two other windmills.
You may also like
- This 12-year-old invented a homemade device to help practice proper social distancing
- Meet Lesley Ncube; the 26-year-old South African student who launched his own smartphone
- Initially set up for Ghanaian students, this educational TV channel has grown in popularity across West Africa
- Patricia Cowings: the woman helping astronauts combat space sickness
- ‘We’re in shock’ – Dubai Crown Prince pays hospital bills of Nigerian mother stranded with quadruplets
- “Slavery was a necessary evil to build America” – Sen. Tom Cotton
- Five things you should know about record-breaking gymnast Gabby Douglas
- Why did a Zulu king invite a delegation of Europeans to a meeting only to kill 100 of them?
- Stono Rebellion: The largest slave revolt in America led by slaves from Kongo in 1739