Farai Musendo: This 24 year-old, final-year Chemical Engineering student of the National University of Science and Technology in Zimbabwe shocked the world to its core recently with his invention: a machine that turns plastic to diesel. At the 57th edition of the Zimbabwe International Trade Fair (ZITF), Farai revealed that his innovation, once tried and tested, could be used to fuel millions of vehicles in Zimbabwe, and can also go a long way in ridding the country of its plastic waste problem.
You may also like
- This 12-year-old invented a homemade device to help practice proper social distancing
- Meet Lesley Ncube; the 26-year-old South African student who launched his own smartphone
- Initially set up for Ghanaian students, this educational TV channel has grown in popularity across West Africa
- Patricia Cowings: the woman helping astronauts combat space sickness
- ‘We’re in shock’ – Dubai Crown Prince pays hospital bills of Nigerian mother stranded with quadruplets
- “Slavery was a necessary evil to build America” – Sen. Tom Cotton
- Five things you should know about record-breaking gymnast Gabby Douglas
- Stono Rebellion: The largest slave revolt in America led by slaves from Kongo in 1739
- Why did a Zulu king invite a delegation of Europeans to a meeting only to kill 100 of them?