Novieku Babatunde Adeola is a content writer, entertainment journalist, freelance PR practitioner, and event engineer. His passion stems from the need to change the narrative in Africa and the diaspora. He has worked with several media organizations in Ghana.
Welcome to Face2Face Africa quiz series that tests your knowledge of Africa and anything African. We ask ten questions based on themes ranging from politics, history, geography, culture, entertainment and many more.
Today, we’ll test your knowledge of popular songs by famous Black artists. Read the lyrics and identify which artist they are from. Good luck!
1)I’m tired of bein’ poor and even worse I’m black My stomach hurts so I’m lookin’ for a purse to snatch Cops give a damn about a negro Pull the trigger kill a nigga he’s a hero Give the crack to the kids who the hell cares One less hungry mouth on the welfare
2) It was all a dream I used to read Word Up magazine Salt’n’Pepa and Heavy D up in the limousine Hangin’ pictures on my wall Every Saturday Rap Attack, Mr. Magic, Marley Marl I let my tape rock ’til my tape pop
3) I’m from the hood, stupid! What type of facts are those? If you grew up with holes in your zapatos You’d celebrate the minute you was havin’ dough I’m like, “Fuck critics, you can kiss my whole asshole
4) Though our thugs ain’t here, the love is here And we gon’ rep ’til slugs kill us here This for my dawgs stuck in the struggle tryin’ to gain Smokin’ trauma, sniffin’ Ra while sellin’ cocaine
5) Getting choked by the detectives yeah yeah now check the method They be asking us questions, harass and arrest us Saying, “We eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast.”
6) I don’t trick, e’ry now and then I toss her money Fuck, nut, get up, that’s abortion money I’ll kill if I have to, don’t force me homie I get that schoolyard duct tape extortion money
7) You guys are vampires in the middle of the night Suckin on human blood Is that your appetite?
8) You know all of that gots to go Now everybody knows there’s exceptions to this rule Now don’t be getting mad, when we playing, it’s cool But don’t you be calling out my name I bring wrath to those who disrespect me like a dame
9) Up in the club (club) Just broke up(up) I’m doin’ my own little thing You decided to dip (dip)and now you wanna trip (trip) Cause another brother noticed me I’m up on him(him) he up on me (me)
10) You have my heart And we’ll never be worlds apart Maybe in magazines But you’ll still be my star Baby, ‘cause in the dark You can’t see shiny cars